Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Madeira to Caribbean - Day 9

The wind trends were more consistent for a couple of days so we figured the wind was here to stay and that we'd experienced the last of the painful sail flogging but we were wrong. So very wrong. Hard work and a long night to log 168nm, a 7kt average. No sightings.

With the birthday over, it was time to decorate for Christmas. I hung my 4-inch wreath on the hatch and a handful of decorations in the salon - all saved from a care-package delivered to me while afloat in stormy Bermuda 2 years ago. Then I placed wrapped presents for the guys and giant pine cones from Portugal on the bookshelf, each carefully wedged in place in hopes of it not becoming a projectile. Now I'm ready for Santa.

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see:

http://www.sailmail.com

No comments: