Friday, June 01, 2007

Return to US Shores, June ‘07

My return to US shores has granted me the first of many things since I departed about 7 months ago. It started with my first land shower. Really. At first I thought the marina installed a new shower head but then realized it was just that I had become accustomed to boat showers. Not a hardship by any means, but without realizing it, I’d adjusted to not getting that massage-like pressure you get with a good American land shower. Anyway, my first land shower was wonderful, but I did feel a bit guilty about using so much water.

Other firsts in over 7 months included sleeping on land, driving a car, going to a movie theater and wearing real shoes (not my beloved Crocs, flip flops or sailing shoes) which surprised me with a free blister collection.

No comments: