Sunday, December 04, 2005

Bermuda - Day 20

The big bad wind finally went away - at least for a while - so for the past 5 days I have been enjoying land and people again. Upon my arrival to shore, the town was busy hanging the last of the Christmas decorations and preparing for their big annual holiday event. Along with what seemed like most of the islanders, I had the good fortune of attending this popular event, St Georges Christmas Open House.

St Georges is the oldest continually inhabited English town in the New World. And this holiday open house was the perfect opportunity to visit many of the historical town buildings, museums and private residences, all decorated for the season by local garden clubs. Plus there was musical entertainment throughout and most places served refreshments along with holiday spirits and encouraged lingering. But for me there was too much to see during the 2 hour event so I continued on, walking my way through the program. If you ever find yourself in Bermuda during early December, this event is not to be missed.

No comments: