Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Contemplating in Wickford

I've been running around like a mad woman since making landfall in the US. It was a wet trip so there was lots of cleaning up to do once we reached our "home" port of Wickford, Rhode Island, mostly removing salt residue from down below and laundry. Lots of laundry.

Two weeks have already passed and I remain in a state of uncertainty while already feeling the stress and financial demands of being back in the “normal world” – it’s more the fact that you need so much more “stuff”. Apparently I really had simplified my life!

My uncertainty stems from far too many co-dependent decisions yet to be made. Which cell phone carrier (I have a fear of long term commitments such as 1 or 2-year contracts!), what area code, where do I want to call home, or wiser still, where should I live based on income opportunities... believe me the list is long. On the bright side, the world is my oyster so despite my whinging, I’m trying to embrace this period of my life as an exciting time.

But the truth is I’d rather be sailing!

No comments: