Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Inn at Ocean’s Edge

Whether by boat or car, consider a visit to The Inn at Ocean’s Edge in Lincolnville, Maine, off route 1 about 5 miles north of Camden. This recently revamped inn on the western shores of Penobscot Bay is receiving worthy accolades but was a surprise find for me.
I didn’t have the privilege of staying at the inn or swimming in the infinity pool, but I did enjoy multiple visits to this beautiful property. I discovered their 4-6 daily happy hour and although often restricted to seltzer water (designated driver), I was smitten with the lounge.

Rain or shine I enjoyed taking the scenic footpath through the woods to the restaurant and lounge building where Adirondack chairs and patio dining await at the water’s edge or a wood burning fireplace beckons you inside. The happy hour specials alone are worth going out of your way and the view is mesmerizing. This is a place where special memories are made!

Inside scoop: The Inn at Ocean’s Edge recently received approval to build a 200ft dock for transient yachts.

No comments: